Absenteeism – putting your people and profits at risk.
Absence is a real threat to business. The pressure of covering for unexpected absence can result in increased pressure for employees, loss of productivity and gaps in customer service.
Did you know the following facts about sickness absence?
- Sickness absence costs UK companies on average £609 per employee per year .
- In 2014, 25% of absence was due to musculoskeletal problems and 12 % due to psychological ill health such as stress, anxiety or depression .
- More days were lost to back, neck and muscle pain than any other cause. Up to 80% of the population will experience an episode of low back pain at some point in their lives.
- The average number of days lost per musculoskeletal injury is 15.9 days . Costing companies £1,590 based on the average UK salary of £26K.
- At any one time one worker in four will be experiencing a psychological health problem. The average number of days lost per case of stress, anxiety or depression is 23 days . Costing companies £2,300 based on the average UK salary of £26K.
- A survey by Mercer/Telegraph of over 25,000 employees found 77% had pain in at least one joint and 87% reported work related stress .
Proactive Works welcomes the opportunity to help you address sickness absence. Having healthy staff is an essential part of running a healthy business.